Friday 18 February 2011

Little chef friday


Yippee it's Friday, yippee it's Little Chef Friday.
Tonight they had a friend around so I got a little more involved.  They independently made chicken nuggets, I made little roasties and cooked them brocolli.  The chicken nuggets are so easy that they make them,
Free range chicken breasts (we used 4)
Breadcrumbs
Beaten eggs(we used 2)
Flatten the chicken breasts, slice them into strips, chunks, or squares.
Have ready your beaten eggs and breadcrumbs in individual flat bowls.
Dip the chicken into the egg then the breadcrumbs to cover.
Heat olive oil in a frying pan(enough to give a golden coating to the breadcrumbs), fry on both sides until brown,  I then popped them in the oven on a roasting tin as I worked my way through the batches and also to ensure they were cooked through completely.
For pudding I made them chocolate fondue and fruit.  This was more successful than my last attempt, this time I made a ganache.  I heated some cream to boiling point and then added broken up chocolate and whisked until smooth, They then dipped the assortment of fruit in.
=Happy children

No comments:

Post a Comment